Metro Atlanta Urban Farm’s Horticulture & Agriculture Skills!
Metro Atlanta Urban Farm Urban Staff have more than fifty years of urban agriculture experiences. From community organizing, planting and implementing community gardens and urban farms across the country. Metro Atlanta Urban Farm is offering two fourteen week training programs. The first training is from April through June and the second one is July through October. This allows students to go through two Growing Seasons.
- Learn how to plant, When to plant, Care for plants and Harvest.
- Learn how to make a living of a small scale farm.
- Learn to operate and maintain an urban farm
- Learn to manage certified naturally grown beds, greenhouses and low and high tunnels
- Learn best practices of urban farming
- Learn to run a farmers market
- Become proficient in utilizing different farming skills
- Learn to research farming methods for different regions
- Learn to operate small farming equipment.
- Learn hands-on methods of farming
- Through workshops, presentations, lectures and field trips, students will be exposed to various techniques of urban agriculture.
Guidelines On To Qualify
- 18 years and older
- Physically fit (carry at least 30 pounds)
- Be committed to becoming an agricultural grower and devote at least 25 hours per week throughout duration of training
- Applications are considered for Urban Growers Program without regard to race, color, and religion, sex, national origin, and age, marital or veteran status.
- Spring Training begin Mid-April 2020 through June 2020 for 14 weeks
- Fall Training begin Mid-September 2020 through December 2020 for 14 weeks
- Tuition: $1,950.00 per client
- Scholarships are limited, call to discuss
Metro Atlanta Urban Farm
3271 Main St College Park, Georgia 30337
404-788-2432 or email@example.com